SENIOR SECURED CONVERTIBLE PROMISSORY NOTE
NEITHER THE ISSUANCE AND SALE OF THE SECURITIES REPRESENTED BY THIS CERTIFICATE NOR THE SECURITIES INTO WHICH THESE SECURITIES ARE CONVERTIBLE HAVE BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED, OR APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES LAWS. THE SECURITIES MAY NOT BE OFFERED FOR SALE, SOLD, TRANSFERRED OR ASSIGNED (I) IN THE ABSENCE OF (A) AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT FOR THE SECURITIES UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED, OR (B) AN OPINION OF COUNSEL TO THE HOLDER (IF REQUESTED BY THE COMPANY), IN A FORM REASONABLY ACCEPTABLE TO THE COMPANY, THAT REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED UNDER SAID ACT OR (II) UNLESS SOLD OR ELIGIBLE TO BE SOLD PURSUANT TO RULE 144 OR RULE 144A UNDER SAID ACT. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THE SECURITIES MAY BE PLEDGED IN CONNECTION WITH A BONA FIDE MARGIN ACCOUNT OR OTHER LOAN OR FINANCING ARRANGEMENT SECURED BY THE SECURITIES. ANY TRANSFEREE OF THIS NOTE SHOULD CAREFULLY REVIEW THE TERMS OF THIS NOTE, INCLUDING SECTIONS 3(c)(ii) AND 12(a) HEREOF. THE PRINCIPAL AMOUNT REPRESENTED BY THIS NOTE AND, ACCORDINGLY, THE SECURITIES ISSUABLE UPON CONVERSION HEREOF MAY BE LESS THAN THE AMOUNTS SET FORTH ON THE FACE HEREOF PURSUANT TO SECTION 3(c)(ii) OF THIS NOTE.
AVANT DIAGNOSTICS, INC.
Senior Secured Convertible Promissory Note
|Issuance Date: ______, 2017||Original Principal Amount: U.S. $______|
FOR VALUE RECEIVED, Avant Diagnostics, Inc., a Nevada corporation (the “Company”), hereby promises to pay to the order of Infusion 51a, L.P. or its assigns (“Holder”) the amount set forth above as the Original Principal Amount (as reduced pursuant to the terms hereof pursuant to redemption, conversion or otherwise, the “Principal”) when due, whether upon the Maturity Date (as defined below), or upon acceleration, redemption or otherwise (in each case in accordance with the terms hereof) and to pay interest (“Interest”) on any outstanding Principal at the applicable Interest Rate (as defined below) from the date set forth above as the Issuance Date (the “Issuance Date”) until the same becomes due and payable, whether upon the Maturity Date, or upon acceleration, conversion, redemption or otherwise (in each case in accordance with the terms hereof). This Senior Secured Convertible Note (including all Senior Secured Convertible Notes issued in exchange, transfer or replacement hereof, this “Note”) is one of an issue of Senior Secured Convertible Notes issued pursuant to that Securities Purchase Agreement, dated as of _____, 2017 (the “Subscription Date”), by and among the Company and the investors (the “Buyers”) referred to therein, as amended from time to time (collectively, the “Notes”, and such other Senior Secured Convertible Notes, the “Other Notes”). Certain capitalized terms used herein are defined in Section 22.
1. PAYMENTS OF PRINCIPAL.
(a) On the Maturity Date, all outstanding Principal, accrued and unpaid Interest shall be due and payable to the Holder. Other than as specifically permitted by this Note, the Company may not prepay any portion of the outstanding Principal and accrued and unpaid Interest or accrued.
(b) Following the six (6) month anniversary of the Closing Date, the Holder shall have the option to call on the Company for the redemption of the Note from the Holder, provided that the Company has raised sufficient funds to repay this Note. In the event of such optional redemption, the Holder shall be paid in the full principal amount and all other accrued and unpaid interest to the date of redemption.
2. INTEREST; INTEREST RATE. Interest on this Note shall accrue monthly at a rate of eight (8%) per annum (the “Interest Rate”) on the outstanding Principal amount, and shall be computed on the basis of a 360-day year comprised of twelve (12) thirty (30) day months.
3. CONVERSION OF NOTES. At any time after the Issuance Date, but no later than the Maturity Date, this Note may be converted by the Holder into validly issued, fully paid and non-assessable shares of Company Common Stock (as defined below), on the terms and conditions set forth in this Section 3.
(a) Conversion Right. At any time or times on or after the Issuance Date, the Holder shall be entitled to convert any portion of the outstanding and unpaid Conversion Amount (as defined below) into validly issued, fully paid and non-assessable shares of Company Common Stock (as defined below) in accordance with Section 3(c), at the applicable Conversion Rate (as defined below). The Company shall not issue any fraction of a share of Company Common Stock upon any conversion. If the issuance would result in the issuance of a fraction of a share of Company Common Stock, the Company shall round such fraction of a share of Company Common Stock up to the nearest whole share. The Company shall pay any and all transfer, stamp, issuance and similar taxes, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, fees and expenses of the Transfer Agent (as defined below)) that may be payable with respect to the issuance and delivery of Company Common Stock upon conversion of any Conversion Amount.
(b) Conversion Rate. The number of shares of Company Common Stock, issuable upon conversion of any Conversion Amount pursuant to Section 3(a) shall be determined by dividing (x) such Conversion Amount by (y) the Conversion Price (the “Conversion Rate”).
(i) “Conversion Amount” means the sum of (x) the portion of the Principal to be converted, redeemed or otherwise with respect to which this determination is being made and (y) all accrued and unpaid Interest with respect to such portion of the Principal amount, if any.
(ii) “Conversion Price” means, as of any Conversion Date or other date of determination, with respect to Company Common Stock, will be $0.06 per share.
(c) Mechanics of Conversion.
(i) Conversion. To convert any Conversion Amount into shares of Common Stock on any date (a “Conversion Date”), the Holder shall deliver (whether via facsimile, electronic mail or otherwise), for receipt on or prior to 11:59 p.m., New York time, on such date, a copy of an executed notice of conversion in the form attached hereto as Exhibit I (the “Conversion Notice”) to the Company. If required by Section 3(c)(ii), within three (3) Trading Days following a conversion of this Note as aforesaid, the Holder shall surrender this Note to a nationally recognized overnight delivery service for delivery to the Company (or an indemnification undertaking with respect to this Note in the case of its loss, theft or destruction as contemplated by Section 12(b)). On or before the first (1st) Trading Day following the date of receipt of a Conversion Notice, the Company shall transmit by facsimile or electronic mail an acknowledgment of confirmation, in the form attached hereto as Exhibit II, of receipt of such Conversion Notice to the Holder and the Company’s transfer agent (the “Transfer Agent”) which confirmation shall constitute an instruction to the Transfer Agent to process such Conversion Notice in accordance with the terms herein. On or before the third (3rd) Trading Day following the date on which the Company has received a Conversion Notice the Company shall issue and deliver (via reputable overnight courier) to the address as specified in the Conversion Notice, a certificate, registered in the name of the Holder or its designee, for the number of shares of Company Common Stock to which the Holder shall be entitled pursuant to such conversion pursuant Section 3(c)(iii). If this Note is physically surrendered for conversion pursuant to Section 3(c)(ii) or 3(c)(iii) and the outstanding Principal of this Note is greater than the Principal portion of the Conversion Amount being converted, then the Company shall as soon as practicable and in no event later than three (3) Business Days after receipt of this Note and at its own expense, issue and deliver to the Holder (or its designee) a new Note (in accordance with Section 12(d)) representing the outstanding Principal not converted. The Person or Persons entitled to receive the shares of Common Stock issuable upon a conversion of this Note shall be treated for all purposes as the record holder or holders of such shares of Common Stock on the Conversion Date.
(ii) Registration; Book-Entry. The Company shall maintain a register (the “Register”) for the recordation of the names and addresses of the holders of each Note and the principal amount of the Notes held by such holders held by such holders (the “Registered Notes”). The entries in the Register shall be conclusive and binding for all purposes absent manifest error. The Company and the holders of the Notes shall treat each Person whose name is recorded in the Register as the owner of a Note for all purposes (including, without limitation, the right to receive payments of Principal and Interest hereunder) notwithstanding notice to the contrary. A Registered Note may be assigned, transferred or sold in whole or in part only by registration of such assignment or sale on the Register. Upon its receipt of a written request to assign, transfer or sell all or part of any Registered Note by the holder thereof, the Company shall record the information contained therein in the Register and issue one or more new Registered Notes in the same aggregate principal amount as the principal amount of the surrendered Registered Note to the designated assignee or transferee pursuant to Section 12, provided that if the Company does not so record an assignment, transfer or sale (as the case may be) of all or part of any Registered Note within two (2) Business Days of such a request, then the Register shall be automatically deemed updated to reflect such assignment, transfer or sale (as the case may be). Notwithstanding anything to the contrary set forth in this Section 3, following conversion of any portion of this Note in accordance with the terms hereof, the Holder shall not be required to physically surrender this Note to the Company unless (A) the full Conversion Amount represented by this Note is being converted (in which event this Note shall be delivered to the Company following conversion thereof as contemplated by Section 3(c)(i)) or (B) the Holder has provided the Company with prior written notice (which notice may be included in a Conversion Notice) requesting reissuance of this Note upon physical surrender of this Note. The Holder and the Company shall maintain records showing the Principal and Interest converted and/or paid (as the case may be) and the dates of such conversions and/or payments (as the case may be) or shall use such other method, reasonably satisfactory to the Holder and the Company, so as not to require physical surrender of this Note upon conversion. If the Company does not update the Register to record such Principal and Interest converted and/or paid (as the case may be) and the dates of such conversions and/or payments (as the case may be) within two (2) Business Days of such occurrence, then the Register shall be automatically deemed updated to reflect such occurrence.
(iii) Pro Rata Conversion; Disputes. In the event that the Company receives a Conversion Notice from more than one holder of Notes for the same Conversion Date and the Company can convert some, but not all, of such portions of the Notes submitted for conversion, the Company shall convert from each holder of Notes electing to have Notes converted on such date a pro rata amount of such holder’s portion of its Notes submitted for conversion based on the principal amount of Notes submitted for conversion on such date by such holder relative to the aggregate principal amount of all Notes submitted for conversion on such date. In the event of a dispute as to the number of shares of Company Common Stock issuable to the Holder in connection with a conversion of this Note, the Company shall issue to the Holder the number of shares of Company Common Stock not in dispute and resolve such dispute in accordance with Section 19.
4. RIGHTS OF HOLDER UPON EVENT OF DEFAULT.
(a) Event of Default. Each of the following events shall constitute an “Event of Default”:
(i) the Company’s failure to pay to the Holder any amount of Principal, Interest, or other amounts when and as due under this Note;
(ii) bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization or liquidation proceedings or other proceedings for the relief of debtors shall be instituted by or against the Company or any Subsidiary and, if instituted against the Company by a third party, shall not be dismissed within thirty (30) days of their initiation;
(iii) a final judgment or judgments for the payment of money aggregating in excess of $250,000 are rendered against the Company on or after the Subscription Date which judgments are not, within thirty (30) days after the entry thereof, bonded, discharged, settled or stayed pending appeal, or are not discharged within thirty (30) days after the expiration of such stay; provided, however, any judgment which is covered by insurance or an indemnity from a credit worthy party shall not be included in calculating the $250,000 amount set forth above so long as the Company provides the Holder a written statement from such insurer or indemnity provider (which written statement shall be reasonably satisfactory to the Holder) to the effect that such judgment is covered by insurance or an indemnity and the Company will receive the proceeds of such insurance or indemnity within thirty (30) days of the issuance of such judgment;
(iv) other than as specifically set forth in another clause of this Section 4(a), the Company breaches any material representation, warranty, covenant or other term or condition of any Transaction Document, except, in the case of a breach of a covenant or other term or condition that is curable, only if such breach remains uncured for a period of fifteen (15) consecutive Business Days; or
(v) any Material Adverse Effect (as defined in the Securities Purchase Agreement) occurs.
(b) Holder’s Remedies Upon an Event of Default. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, and notwithstanding any conversion that is then required or in process, upon any Event of Default, the Company shall immediately pay to the Holder an amount in cash representing all outstanding Principal and accrued and unpaid Interest in addition to any and all other amounts due hereunder, without the requirement for any notice or demand or other action by the Holder or any other person or entity, provided that the Holder may, in its sole discretion, waive such right to receive payment upon an Event of Default, in whole or in part, and any such waiver shall not affect any other rights of the Holder hereunder, including any other rights in respect of such Event of Default, any right to conversion. The Holder has the right to enforce all remedies available in law or equity as against the Company, including but not limited to foreclosing on the Pledge Agreement, without the need to make any election of remedies or to allocate recovery against the Company in any way whatsoever.
5. HOLDER’S RIGHTS UPON CHANGE OF CONTROL.
(a) No sooner than twenty (20) Trading Days nor later than ten (10) Trading Days prior to the consummation of a transaction that would result in a Change of Control (the “Change of Control Date”), but not prior to the public announcement of such Change of Control, the Company shall deliver written notice thereof via facsimile or electronic mail and overnight courier to the Holder (a “Change of Control Notice”). At any time during the period beginning after the Holder’s receipt of a Change of Control Notice or the Holder becoming aware of a Change of Control if a Change of Control Notice is not delivered to the Holder in accordance with the immediately preceding sentence (as applicable) and ending on the later of twenty (20) Trading Days after (A) consummation of such Change of Control or (B) the date of receipt of such Change of Control Notice, the Holder may elect (i) to declare this Note payable in cash on demand as of the closing of the transaction giving rise to a Change of Control or (ii) redeem this Note in full for a payment equal to the amount Holder would have received if the Note had been converted pursuant to Section 3 of this Note immediately prior to the transaction giving rise to a Change of Control, in each case to be paid in the same form of consideration (e.g. a mix of cash and stock) received by the other existing equity holders of the Company in connection with the transaction giving rise to a Change of Control.
6. HOLDER’S FINANCING RIGHTS.
(a) Right of First Refusal. Within 5 days of receipt of any bona fide investment offer whereby the Company will, if such proposed transaction is consummated, either (i) obtain additional debt financing not in existence on the Issuance Date or (ii) sell or transfer shares of Company Common Stock owned by the Company to a third party, the Company shall deliver a written notice (the “Company Transaction Notice”) to Holder notifying Holder of the material terms of such proposed financing or sale of Company Common Stock. After receiving a Company Transaction Notice, Holder shall have the right (the “Right of Refusal”) to provide additional debt financing to the Company, or purchase shares of Company Common Stock, in the applicable Holder Pro-Rata Amount, within 10 days after the Company Transaction Notice has been delivered to Holder (the “Right of Refusal Election Period”). Holder may elect to exercise its Right of Refusal by delivering a written notice to the Company of such election setting forth the amount of debt financing it desires to provide in response to the Company Transaction Notice. Upon the expiration of the Right of Refusal Election Period, to the extent that Holder does not notify the company of its intent to exercise its Right of Refusal, then Holder’s Right of Refusal shall terminate.
(b) Most Favored Nation. During the term of the Note, if the Company engages in any future financing transactions with a third party investor, the Company will provide the Holder with written notice (the “MFN Notice”) thereof promptly but in no event less than 10 days prior to closing any financing transactions. Included with the MFN Notice shall be a copy of all documentation relating to such financing transaction and shall include, upon written request of the Holder, any additional information related to such subsequent investment as may be reasonably requested by the Holder. In the event the Holder determines that the terms of the subsequent investment are preferable to the terms of the Securities of the Company issued to the Holder pursuant to the terms of the Purchase Agreement, the Holder will notify the Company in writing. Promptly after receipt of such written notice from the Holder, the Company agrees to amend and restate the Securities, and, as necessary, adjust the number of bonus shares, to be identical to the instruments evidencing the subsequent investment and any bonus shares issued in connection therewith.
(c) Notwithstanding the foregoing, this Section 4.12 shall not apply in respect of (i) an Exempt Issuance, or (ii) an underwritten public offering of Common Stock.
7. VOTING RIGHTS. The Holder shall have no voting rights as the holder of this Note, except as required by law (including, without limitation, Chapter 78 of the Nevada Revised Statute) and as expressly provided in this Note.
8. COVENANTS. Until all of the Notes have been converted, redeemed or otherwise satisfied in accordance with their terms:
(a) Rank. The Note will rank senior in right of payment to all present senior indebtedness, liabilities and obligations of the Company for money borrowed from banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions in the business of regularly lending money, and also in right of payment to all other present and future unsecured obligations of the Company.
(b) Change in Nature of Business. The Company shall not, and the Company shall cause each of its Subsidiaries to not, directly or indirectly, engage in any material line of business substantially different from those lines of business conducted by or publicly contemplated to be conducted by the Company and each of its Subsidiaries on the Subscription Date. The Company shall not, and the Company shall cause each of its Subsidiaries to not, directly or indirectly, modify its or their corporate structure or purpose.
(c) Preservation of Existence, Etc. The Company shall maintain and preserve, and cause each of its Subsidiaries to maintain and preserve, its existence, rights and privileges, and become or remain, and cause each of its Subsidiaries to become or remain, duly qualified and in good standing in each jurisdiction in which the character of the properties owned or leased by it or in which the transaction of the Business makes such qualification necessary.
(d) Restricted Issuances. The Company shall not, directly or indirectly, without the prior written consent of the holders of a majority in aggregate principal amount of the Notes then outstanding issue any Notes or securities (other than as contemplated by the Securities Purchase Agreement and the Notes) that would cause a breach or default under the Notes.
9. SECURITY. This Note and the Other Notes are secured to the extent and in the manner set forth in the Transaction Documents (including, without limitation, the Pledge Agreement ).
10. AMENDING THE TERMS OF THIS NOTE. The prior written consent of the Holder shall be required for any change, waiver or amendment to this Note.
11. TRANSFER. This Note and any shares of Company Common Stock issued upon conversion of this Note may be offered, sold, assigned or transferred by the Holder without the consent of the Company, subject only to the provisions of Section 3(g) of the Securities Purchase Agreement.
12. REISSUANCE OF THIS NOTE.
(a) Transfer. If this Note is to be transferred, the Holder shall surrender this Note to the Company, whereupon the Company will forthwith issue and deliver upon the order of the Holder a new Note, registered as the Holder may request, representing the outstanding Principal being transferred by the Holder and, if less than the entire outstanding Principal is being transferred, a new Note to the Holder representing the outstanding Principal not being transferred. The Holder and any assignee, by acceptance of this Note, acknowledge and agree that, by reason of the provisions of Section 3(c)(ii) following conversion or redemption of any portion of this Note, the outstanding Principal represented by this Note may be less than the Principal stated on the face of this Note.
(b) Lost, Stolen or Mutilated Note. Upon receipt by the Company of evidence reasonably satisfactory to the Company of the loss, theft, destruction or mutilation of this Note (as to which a written certification and the indemnification contemplated below shall suffice as such evidence), and, in the case of loss, theft or destruction, of any indemnification undertaking by the Holder to the Company in customary and reasonable form and, in the case of mutilation, upon surrender and cancellation of this Note, the Company shall execute and deliver to the Holder a new Note (in accordance with Section 12(d)) representing the outstanding Principal.
(c) Note Exchangeable for Different Denominations. This Note is exchangeable, upon the surrender hereof by the Holder at the principal office of the Company, (for a new Note or Notes and in principal amounts of at least $1,000) representing in the aggregate the outstanding Principal of this Note, and each such new Note will represent such portion of such outstanding Principal as is designated by the Holder at the time of such surrender.
(d) Issuance of New Notes. Whenever the Company is required to issue a new Note pursuant to the terms of this Note, such new Note (i) shall be of like tenor with this Note, (ii) shall represent, as indicated on the face of such new Note, the Principal remaining outstanding (or in the case of a new Note being issued pursuant to Section 12(a) or Section 12(c), the Principal designated by the Holder which, when added to the principal represented by the other new Notes issued in connection with such issuance, does not exceed the Principal remaining outstanding under this Note immediately prior to such issuance of new Notes), (iii) shall have an issuance date, as indicated on the face of such new Note, which is the same as the Issuance Date of this Note, (iv) shall have the same rights and conditions as this Note, and (v) shall represent accrued and unpaid Interest and Late Charges on the Principal and Interest of this Note, from the Issuance Date.
13. REMEDIES, CHARACTERIZATIONS, OTHER OBLIGATIONS, BREACHES AND INJUNCTIVE RELIEF. The remedies provided in this Note shall be cumulative and in addition to all other remedies available under this Note and any of the other Transaction Documents at law or in equity (including a decree of specific performance and/or other injunctive relief). The Company covenants to the Holder that there shall be no characterization concerning this instrument other than as expressly provided herein. Amounts set forth or provided for herein with respect to payments, conversion and the like (and the computation thereof) shall be the amounts to be received by the Holder and shall not, except as expressly provided herein, be subject to any other obligation of the Company (or the performance thereof). The Company acknowledges that a breach by it of its obligations hereunder will cause irreparable harm to the Holder and that the remedy at law for any such breach may be inadequate. The Company therefore agrees that, in the event of any such breach or threatened breach, the Holder shall be entitled, in addition to all other available remedies, to an injunction restraining any such breach or any such threatened breach, without the necessity of showing economic loss and without any bond or other security being required.
14. PAYMENT OF COLLECTION, ENFORCEMENT AND OTHER COSTS. If (a) this Note is placed in the hands of an attorney for collection or enforcement or is collected or enforced through any legal proceeding or the Holder otherwise takes action to collect amounts due under this Note or to enforce the provisions of this Note or (b) there occurs any bankruptcy, reorganization, receivership of the Company or other proceedings affecting Company creditors’ rights and involving a claim under this Note, then the Company shall pay the costs incurred by the Holder for such collection, enforcement or action or in connection with such bankruptcy, reorganization, receivership or other proceeding, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and disbursements. The Company expressly acknowledges and agrees that no amounts due under this Note shall be affected, or limited, by the fact that the purchase price paid for this Note was less than the original Principal amount hereof.
15. CONSTRUCTION; HEADINGS. This Note shall be deemed to be jointly drafted by the Company and the initial Holder and shall not be construed against any such Person as the drafter hereof. The headings of this Note are for convenience of reference and shall not form part of, or affect the interpretation of, this Note. Unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, each pronoun herein shall be deemed to include the masculine, feminine, neuter, singular and plural forms thereof. The terms “including,” “includes,” “include” and words of like import shall be construed broadly as if followed by the words “without limitation.” The terms “herein,” “hereunder,” “hereof” and words of like import refer to this entire Agreement instead of just the provision in which they are found. Unless expressly indicated otherwise, all section references are to sections of this Note. Terms used in this Note and not otherwise defined herein, but defined in the other Transaction Documents, shall have the meanings ascribed to such terms on the Closing Date in such other Transaction Documents unless otherwise consented to in writing by the Holder.
16. NOTICES; CURRENCY; PAYMENTS.
(a) Notices. Whenever notice is required to be given under this Note, unless otherwise provided herein, such notice shall be given in accordance with the notice provisions in the the Securities Purchase Agreement.
(b) Currency. All dollar amounts referred to in this Note are in United States Dollars (“U.S. Dollars”), and all amounts owing under this Note shall be paid in U.S. Dollars. All amounts denominated in other currencies (if any) shall be converted into the U.S. Dollar equivalent amount in accordance with the Exchange Rate on the date of calculation. “Exchange Rate” means, in relation to any amount of currency to be converted into U.S. Dollars pursuant to this Note, the U.S. Dollar exchange rate as published in the Wall Street Journal on the relevant date of calculation (it being understood and agreed that where an amount is calculated with reference to, or over, a period of time, the date of calculation shall be the final date of such period of time).
17. CANCELLATION. After all Principal, accrued Interest, Late Charges and other amounts at any time owed on this Note have been paid in full, this Note shall automatically be deemed canceled, shall be surrendered to the Company for cancellation and shall not be reissued.
18. WAIVER OF NOTICE. To the extent permitted by law, the Company hereby irrevocably waives demand, notice, presentment, protest and all other demands and notices in connection with the delivery, acceptance, performance, default or enforcement of this Note and the Securities Purchase Agreement.
19. GOVERNING LAW. This Note shall be construed and enforced in accordance with, and all questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and performance of this Note shall be governed by, the internal laws of the State of Nevada. THE COMPANY HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT IT MAY HAVE TO, AND AGREES NOT TO REQUEST, A JURY TRIAL FOR THE ADJUDICATION OF ANY DISPUTE HEREUNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING OUT OF THIS NOTE OR ANY TRANSACTION CONTEMPLATED HEREBY.
20. SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this Note is prohibited by law or otherwise determined to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the provision that would otherwise be prohibited, invalid or unenforceable shall be deemed amended to apply to the broadest extent that it would be valid and enforceable, and the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Note so long as this Note as so modified continues to express, without material change, the original intentions of the parties as to the subject matter hereof and the prohibited nature, invalidity or unenforceability of the provision(s) in question does not substantially impair the respective expectations or reciprocal obligations of the parties or the practical realization of the benefits that would otherwise be conferred upon the parties. The parties will endeavor in good faith negotiations to replace the prohibited, invalid or unenforceable provision(s) with a valid provision(s), the effect of which comes as close as possible to that of the prohibited, invalid or unenforceable provision(s).
21. MAXIMUM PAYMENTS. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to establish or require the payment of a rate of interest or other charges in excess of the maximum permitted by applicable law. In the event that the rate of interest required to be paid or other charges hereunder exceed the maximum permitted by such law, any payments in excess of such maximum shall be credited against amounts owed by the Company to the Holder and thus refunded to the Company.
22. CERTAIN DEFINITIONS. For purposes of this Note, (a) capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Purchase Agreement and (b) the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(a) “1933 Act” means the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and the rules and regulations thereunder.
(b) “1934 Act” means the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and the rules and regulations thereunder.
(c) “Affiliate” means, with respect to any Person, any other Person that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, such Person, it being understood for purposes of this definition that “control” of a Person means the power directly or indirectly either to vote 10% or more of the stock having ordinary voting power for the election of directors of such Person or direct or cause the direction of the management and policies of such Person whether by contract or otherwise.
(d) “Business Day” means any day other than Saturday, Sunday or other day on which commercial banks in The City of New York are authorized or required by law to remain closed.
(e) “Change of Control” means any Fundamental Transaction other than (i) any merger of the Company or any of its, direct or indirect, wholly-owned Subsidiaries with or into any of the foregoing Persons, (ii) any reorganization, recapitalization or reclassification of the shares of Common Stock in which holders of the Company’s voting power immediately prior to such reorganization, recapitalization or reclassification continue after such reorganization, recapitalization or reclassification to hold publicly traded securities and, directly or indirectly, are, in all material respects, the holders of the voting power of the surviving entity (or entities with the authority or voting power to elect the members of the board of directors (or their equivalent if other than a corporation) of such entity or entities) after such reorganization, recapitalization or reclassification, or (iii) pursuant to a migratory merger effected solely for the purpose of changing the jurisdiction of incorporation of the Company or any of its Subsidiaries.
(f) “Closing Date” shall have the meaning set forth in the Securities Purchase Agreement, which date is the date the Company initially issued Notes pursuant to the terms of the Securities Purchase Agreement.
(g) “Company Common Stock” means (i) the Company’s shares of common stock, $0.00001 par value per share, and (ii) any capital stock into which such common stock shall have been changed or any share capital resulting from a reclassification of such common stock.
(h) “Common Stock Equivalents” means any securities of the Company or the Subsidiaries which would entitle the holder thereof to acquire at any time Common Stock, including, without limitation, any debt, preferred stock, rights, options, warrants or other instrument that is at any time convertible into or exercisable or exchangeable for, or otherwise entitles the holder thereof to receive Common Stock.
(i) “Exempt Issuance” means the issuance of (a) shares of Common Stock or options to employees, officers, consultants, advisors or directors of the Company pursuant to any stock or option plan duly adopted for such purpose by a majority of the members of the Board of Directors or a majority of the members of a committee of directors established for such purpose, (b) securities upon the exercise or exchange of or conversion of any Securities issued hereunder and/or other securities exercisable or exchangeable for or convertible into shares of Common Stock issued and outstanding on the date of the Purchase Agreement, (c) securities issued pursuant to acquisitions or strategic transactions approved by a majority of the disinterested directors of the Company, provided that any such issuance shall only be to a Person which is, itself or through its subsidiaries, an operating company in a business synergistic with the business of the Company and in which the Company receives benefits in addition to the investment of funds, but shall not include a transaction in which the Company is issuing securities primarily for the purpose of raising capital or to an entity whose primary business is investing in securities and (d) up to an aggregate of $500,000 of the Company’s equity and/or debt securities, on the same terms and conditions as the Securities issued pursuant to the Purchase Agreement.
(j) “Fundamental Transaction” means (A) that the Company shall, directly or indirectly, including through subsidiaries, Affiliates or otherwise, in one or more related transactions, (i) consolidate or merge with or into (whether or not the Company is the surviving corporation) another Subject Entity, or (ii) sell, assign, transfer, convey or otherwise dispose of all or substantially all of the properties or assets of the Company or any of its “significant subsidiaries” (as defined in Rule 1-02 of Regulation S-X) to one or more Subject Entities, or (iii) make, or allow one or more Subject Entities to make, or allow the Company to be subject to or have its Common Stock be subject to or party to one or more Subject Entities making, a purchase, tender or exchange offer that is accepted by the holders of at least either (x) 50% of the outstanding shares of Common Stock, (y) 50% of the outstanding shares of Common Stock calculated as if any shares of Common Stock held by all Subject Entities making or party to, or Affiliated with any Subject Entities making or party to, such purchase, tender or exchange offer were not outstanding; or (z) such number of shares of Common Stock such that all Subject Entities making or party to, or Affiliated with any Subject Entity making or party to, such purchase, tender or exchange offer, become collectively the beneficial owners (as defined in Rule 13d-3 under the 1934 Act) of at least 50% of the outstanding shares of Common Stock, or (iv) consummate a stock or share purchase agreement or other business combination (including, without limitation, a reorganization, recapitalization, spin-off or scheme of arrangement) with one or more Subject Entities whereby all such Subject Entities, individually or in the aggregate, acquire, either (x) at least 50% of the outstanding shares of Common Stock, (y) at least 50% of the outstanding shares of Common Stock calculated as if any shares of Common Stock held by all the Subject Entities making or party to, or Affiliated with any Subject Entity making or party to, such stock purchase agreement or other business combination were not outstanding; or (z) such number of shares of Common Stock such that the Subject Entities become collectively the beneficial owners (as defined in Rule 13d-3 under the 1934 Act) of at least 50% of the outstanding shares of Common Stock, or (v) reorganize, recapitalize or reclassify its Common Stock, (B) that the Company shall, directly or indirectly, including through subsidiaries, Affiliates or otherwise, in one or more related transactions, allow any Subject Entity individually or the Subject Entities in the aggregate to be or become the “beneficial owner” (as defined in Rule 13d-3 under the 1934 Act), directly or indirectly, whether through acquisition, purchase, assignment, conveyance, tender, tender offer, exchange, reduction in outstanding shares of Common Stock, merger, consolidation, business combination, reorganization, recapitalization, spin-off, scheme of arrangement, reorganization, recapitalization or reclassification or otherwise in any manner whatsoever, of either (x) at least 50% of the aggregate ordinary voting power represented by issued and outstanding Common Stock, (y) at least 50% of the aggregate ordinary voting power represented by issued and outstanding Common Stock not held by all such Subject Entities as of the date of this Note calculated as if any shares of Common Stock held by all such Subject Entities were not outstanding, or (z) a percentage of the aggregate ordinary voting power represented by issued and outstanding shares of Common Stock or other equity securities of the Company sufficient to allow such Subject Entities to effect a statutory short form merger or other transaction requiring other shareholders of the Company to surrender their shares of Common Stock without approval of the shareholders of the Company or (C) directly or indirectly, including through subsidiaries, Affiliates or otherwise, in one or more related transactions, the issuance of or the entering into any other instrument or transaction structured in a manner to circumvent, or that circumvents, the intent of this definition in which case this definition shall be construed and implemented in a manner otherwise than in strict conformity with the terms of this definition to the extent necessary to correct this definition or any portion of this definition which may be defective or inconsistent with the intended treatment of such instrument or transaction.
(k) “GAAP” means United States generally accepted accounting principles, consistently applied.
(l) “Group” means a “group” as that term is used in Section 13(d) of the 1934 Act and as defined in Rule 13d-5 thereunder.
(m) “Holder Pro Rata Amount” means a fraction (i) the numerator of which is the original Principal amount of this Note on the Closing Date and (ii) the denominator of which is the aggregate original principal amount of all Notes issued to the initial purchasers pursuant to the Securities Purchase Agreement on or prior to the Final Closing Date.
(n) “Maturity Date” shall mean June 19, 2020.
(o) “Person” means an individual, a limited liability company, a partnership, a joint venture, a corporation, a trust, an unincorporated organization, any other entity or a government or any department or agency thereof.
(p) “SEC” means the United States Securities and Exchange Commission or the successor thereto.
(q) “Securities Purchase Agreement” means that certain securities purchase agreement, dated as of the Subscription Date, by and among the Company and the initial holders of the Notes pursuant to which the Company issued the Notes, as may be amended from time to time.
(r) “Security Agreement” shall have the meaning as set forth in the Securities Purchase Agreement.
(s) “Subscription Date” means June 19, 2017.
(t) “Subsidiaries” shall have the meaning as set forth in the Securities Purchase Agreement.
(u) “Subject Entity” means any Person, Persons or Group or any Affiliate or associate of any such Person, Persons or Group.
(v) “Trading Day” means, as applicable, (x) with respect to all price or trading volume determinations relating to the Common Stock, any day on which the Common Stock is traded on the Principal Market, or, if the Principal Market is not the principal trading market for the Common Stock, then on the principal securities exchange or securities market on which the Common Stock is then traded, provided that “Trading Day” shall not include any day on which the Common Stock is scheduled to trade on such exchange or market for less than 4.5 hours or any day that the Common Stock is suspended from trading during the final hour of trading on such exchange or market (or if such exchange or market does not designate in advance the closing time of trading on such exchange or market, then during the hour ending at 4:00:00 p.m., New York time) unless such day is otherwise designated as a Trading Day in writing by the Holder or (y) with respect to all determinations other than price determinations relating to the Common Stock, any day on which The New York Stock Exchange (or any successor thereto) is open for trading of securities.
23. DISCLOSURE. Upon receipt or delivery by the Company of any notice in accordance with the terms of this Note, unless the Company has in good faith determined that the matters relating to such notice do not constitute material, non-public information relating to the Company or any of its Subsidiaries, the Company shall within one (1) Business Day after any such receipt or delivery publicly disclose such material, non-public information on a Current Report on Form 8-K or otherwise. In the event that the Company believes that a notice contains material, non-public information relating to the Company or any of its Subsidiaries, the Company so shall indicate to the Holder contemporaneously with delivery of such notice, and in the absence of any such indication, the Holder shall be allowed to presume that all matters relating to such notice do not constitute material, non-public information relating to the Company or any of its Subsidiaries. If the Company or any of its Subsidiaries provides material non-public information to the Holder that is not simultaneously filed in a Current Report on Form 8-K and the Holder has not agreed to receive such material non-public information, the Company hereby covenants and agrees that the Holder shall not have any duty of confidentiality to the Company, any of its Subsidiaries or any of their respective officers, directors, employees, affiliates or agents with respect to, or a duty to any of the foregoing not to trade on the basis of, such material non-public information. Nothing contained in this Section 23 shall limit any obligations of the Company, or any rights of the Holder, under Section 4(i) of the Securities Purchase Agreement.
[signature page follows]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has caused this Note to be duly executed as of the Issuance Date set out above.
|AVANT DIAGNOSTICS, INC.|
|Name: Gerald Commissiong|
|Title: Executive Director|
Senior Convertible Note - Signature Page
Reference is made to the Convertible Note (the “Note”) issued to the undersigned by Avant Diagnostics, Inc., a Nevada corporation (the “Company”). In accordance with and pursuant to the Note, the undersigned hereby elects to convert the Conversion Amount (as defined in the Note) of the Note indicated below into shares of Company Common Stock as indicated below, as of the date specified below. Capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the meaning as set forth in the Note.
|Date of Conversion:|
|Aggregate Principal to be converted:|
|Aggregate accrued and unpaid Interest with respect to such portion of the Aggregate Principal and such Aggregate Interest to be converted:|
|AGGREGATE CONVERSION AMOUNT TO BE CONVERTED:|
|Please confirm the following information:|
|Number of shares of Avant Common Stock to be issued:|
|Number of shares of Company Common Stock to be issued:|
Please issue Company Common Stock into which the Note is being converted to Holder, or for its benefit, as follows:
☐ Check here if requesting delivery as a certificate to the following name and to the following address:
|Date: _____________ __,|
|Name of Registered Holder|
The Company hereby acknowledges this Conversion Notice and hereby directs _________________ to issue the above indicated number of shares of Common Stock in accordance with the Transfer Agent Instructions dated _____________, 20__ from the Company and acknowledged and agreed to by ________________________.
|AVANT DIAGNOSTICS, INC.|